Angel Sukkau (she/they)- Registered Clinical Counsellor
Angel is holding a waitlist for new clients. If you would like to be added to the waitlist please firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursdays 11:00am-7:30 pm (online)
Fridays 1:45 pm-7:30 pm (in person)
(Angel is vaccinated against COVID-19. Masks and social distancing are required for in-person appointments)
Angel is a queer, Egyptian-Canadian settler living on the stolen homelands of the the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Qayqayt (Key-Kite), Stz'uminus (Sha-main-us), S'ólh Téméxw (Stó:lō), and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwee-Kwet-Lum) Nations. Angel was born and raised in British Columbia and has been working towards a career in counselling for the past six years.
Angel believes in supporting folx through hardships and growth and believes her work is best described as helping people help themselves. She has worked with marginalized individuals including, but not limited to, LGBTQ2S+ folx, Indigenous peoples, sex workers, and people who use substances. She approaches counselling from a harm reduction, anti-oppressive, trauma informed lens and utilizes a collaborative approach integrating a variety of techniques from theories including person-centred, narrative, and adlerian as well as others.
Angel is passionate about the outdoors, music, art, and writing and would love to incorporate these forms of expression into her practice if they resonate with you. She seeks to understand your perspectives and meet you where you are at so she can provide counselling best suited to your unique needs and goals. has just completed her practicum and is finishing up her Master of Counselling degree at City University of Seattle. She is looking forward to meeting with you in person.
- Non-Verbal Processing
- EMDR Comprehensive Basic Training, EMDR Consulting
- Somatics, Social Justice, and Healing Trauma with Staci Haines
- Refining Relational Attunement with Thomas Hübl and Dr. Diane Poole Heller
- Anti-oppression 101 with Becca Schwenk
- Ethical Non-monogamy for Therapists via Therapeutic Diversity Training
- Working with the Pain of Abandonment with Ruth Buczynski, Melanie Greenberg, Ron Siegel, and Peter Levine
- Polyvagal Informed Therapy via Psychotherapy Networkers with Deb Dana
- "What Resets Our Nervous System After Trauma?" with Peter Levine via NICABM
- Affirming Care in Therapy with Trans and Gender Expansive People with Tavi Hawn via Mind Body Training Institute
15 min Phone Consultation: No Cost
50 minute sessions: standard $135, generous rate of $140+, sliding scale open to discussion
75 minute sessions: standard $175, generous rate of $185+, sliding scale open to discussion
Relationship or Family Counselling:
50 minute sessions: standard $170, generous rate of $180+, sliding scale open to discussion
75 minute sessions: standard $200, generous rate of $210+, sliding scale open to discussion
Angel can work with folks utilizing First Nations Health Authority funding and Autism Funding Unit.
Contact Angel at email@example.com to book an initial consult!